Ok – seriously – check this Jalapeno Popper recipe out! It is amazing. And be sure to watch the video and check out the Hilah cooking site out, where I found this.
- 9″ pie crust, homemade or storebought
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 2 jalapeños, diced, and 1 sliced into 6 rounds
- ½ cup cream
- ½ cup half-and-half
- 4 large eggs (or 5 small)
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup grated cheddar-jack
- Turn your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Thaw the pie crust for 10 minutes.
- Prick the crust all over the bottom and sides with a fork to make tiny holes.
- Bake it for 10 minutes.
- Remove the crust and reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- While the crust is hot, spread the cream cheese all over the bottom as evenly as possible.
- Sprinkle that with the diced jalapeños (the rounds are for garnish later on).
- Put the cream and half-and-half into a small pot and put it over medium heat about 5 minutes, or until tiny bubbles appear around the edges. This is called “scalding” – where you bring it to just under the boiling point.
- Beat the eggs together in a bowl.
- Add the hot cream mixture to the eggs and combine well.
- Add all the spices and salt.
- Pour into the crust and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, arrange the jalapeño slices over the top in a circle and return to oven for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake another 5 minutes.
- Cool 30-45 minutes before serving or cool completely and serve it cold.